Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Life's Crazy...

with 3 kids that is!!! Holy smacks, I never thought it would be this insane. I knew adding another member to our family would be challenging, but whoa! Three kiddos is a lot of work! I've managed to make a couple 'outings' this week all by myself, and I have to say, I'm quite proud I was able to do it! I even ventured to Target yesterday with all 3 of them and it went pretty well...except for our cart that had a broken wheel. But the dressing room attendant called the front and got us a new one. That was very sweet. Carter cried for about 10 minutes, then finally fell asleep. Evan and Mason did really good...I did bribe them however. If they were very good through the entire store they could pick out a candy bar. Then we swung through Wendy's drive-thru (I know, I totally deserve the mother of the year award ;) ). I couldn't believe how well the boys ate their chicken nuggets. They ate them all! That's a record in this house. But then Mason accidentally spilled his entire milk on the floor, and chair...and table...right when Carter woke up screaming to eat. It was a pretty stressful 15 minutes of cleaning and listening to 2 kids crying. Mason was bawling because he was mad his milk spilled and carter was HUNGRY. Oh well, such is life.

Last night we had our neighborhood national night out and it was so much fun! My amazing neighbor Kellie put the whole thing together and did a great job! It was very organized and a ton of fun! We enjoyed root beer floats, water balloon toss contests and talking with the neighbors. The water balloon toss contest was hilarious! It was so much fun and the boys are still talking about it today - thank you Kellie for doing EVERYTHING!!!

Well I could write my typical novel right now, but I'll try to save more for another day :). Even though this is a long blog...again. I guess I write like I talk...I don't know how to shut up!

No comments: