Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fun Day!

Yay! It was a pretty good day today =). Evan and Mason spent the day at Grammy's in Stillwater and they had a blast! So I just had Carter today! He and I did some shopping at the Woodbury Lakes...wow, I haven't been shopping for myself in a VERY long time. It was pretty intimidating.

So with all those stores and all the clothes I was trying on (for Brian's reunion this weekend), I didn't find anything!!! There was a pair of pants at the Gap that I really liked, but of course they didn't have my size (which right now is the wonderful leftover baby flub fatness size). So I was leaving, almost in tears, got to the car, fed and changed Carter, let him play in the back of my car for a while so he could stretch and then I called Brian because I needed someone to talk to!

Anywhoobie, I ended up calling the Maplewood Gap to see if they had the pants I liked in my size and no luck. Then I called the Mall of America Gap and they had them in my size! So tonight we had a family night at the Mall of America and it was a ton of fun, I even found a top!!! Evan and Mason had quite the long day, but they were great at the mall and also had fun. I wish we could have had more time there, all the boys did so great! But we had to get home because it's a preschool night :).

I can't wait until I lose all this baby weight and then some to do some more shopping for ME! I think that'll be my reward...get some nice clothes that fit well. My comfy pants that are about 8 years old and all my Kohl's $5 patriotic raggedy t-shirts have seen better days.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, it's Brian's 10 year high school reunion and I'm anxious to see everyone and what people have been up to. I know it'll be fun! Friday night is the homecoming game, and before that there's going to be a couple other 'reunion' events, including a tour of the high school (it's changed). I'm excited to roam those halls again, with our kids in toe! That'll be interesting. 10 years ago, we sure didn't picture where we'd be today!!! Then Saturday is the reunion, plus a night out for us!!!

My parents are babysitting and right now we're working really hard with Carter to get him used to a bottle! He's only used to me right now...so it's been really challenging. I went out and bought a different type of bottle and he seems to do ok with it. He actually took it earlier today with only about 5 minutes of screaming. Then tonight we gave him another one before bed to help him practice, and he took it pretty well! I'll be taking him to my parents tomorrow night to have them practice with him...I really want Saturday night to go well at home so I can be at ease and have fun at the reunion.

All righty, enough blabbing. Good night!

No comments: