Thursday, September 18, 2008

Perspective

Today has been a better day. A little hectic, but much better. I took all 3 stooges to the grocery store today, after I picked Evan up from preschool. It was quite an adventure, and went pretty well...except the little guy cried most of the time and the boys were being really silly. They had to walk since I needed a full cart and somewhere to put the baby. It was crazy, but worked well.

An elderly man stopped me in an aisle, and said how good my boys were and how they were good helpers...as they are acting really silly and the baby is crying. He then decided it was a good time to tell me a little story...but it was so sweet, I'm glad he did. Here's how the story goes:

The man says he's a great grandfather to a 2 1/2 year old girl. One day, she was sitting on here Dad's lap, and they were all together, and she asked what time it was. Her Dad told her to look at the clock and see what it says. So she looked up at the clock, examined it for a while, looked back at her Dad, and says "the clock says tick, tick, tick...". How cute is that?!

I then had to pause and thank him for sharing his great story. It made me laugh, and also made me realize, by looking at him - a great grandfather - how quickly time passes. I looked back my 'silly' boys and then glanced at my little one, now smiling at me, and thought how lucky I am to have such a great family. The elderly man walked on and we all continued our shopping. Oh - and of course, Evan has to make a comment on the man's hearing aids by saying 'he has silly putty in his ears', I only hope he didn't hear that comment...only from the mouths of babes!!!

I think every day, by any chance, angels are sent to us to remind us how great things really are. My day yesterday was insane...I look back at my last blog and laugh about it today. It really wasn't a bad day, actually it was a typical day! Then today, I knew I had a lot going on as well, but once that man talked to me, I felt almost like I had a weight lifted off my shoulders. It was really weird, but I pretty much smiled throughout the entire rest of the store. Children are a blessing, and we need to enjoy them every day. Even when they drive us nuts! ;) Their carefree laughter, hugs and kisses, the funny comments they make and the smiles that can make anyone's day better...it makes me feel so blessed...and blessed I am.

Until next time...

No comments: