Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mommy Moments

So I took a voyage out with the kids on Tuesday evening to the ever so enjoyable Target. It went really well....I was getting our dog some treats in the "dog treat" aisle, and Mason decides to let loose. Really let loose. His fluff was so long and so loud, I couldn't help but laugh. Evan was in the seat in the front of the cart and Mason was in his car seat in the main part of the cart. Evan looked back at Mason with complete admiration, turned around, looked at me and said "ooohh, Mason big tooted!" Of course, we were not alone in the "dog treat" aisle. There was another lady standing there, and she looked at me with a funny grin and stated "wow, he must feel better!". I sure was hoping he did, however, his fluffing did not end there. He continued on with the passing of his extreme gas, which I am not kidding you, was so dang loud! After about 5 minutes of off and on gas passing, he decided to finally "fill" his drawers. I looked down at him and I asked him in a mommy way "what did you just do?!?". He replied with a grin and a giggle.

Yesterday Evan was in his high chair eating lunch, which he actually ate really well. It only took an hour and half (ha ha). He had a jelly sandwich, fruit, and some doritos. Well he was an absolute mess, so I decided to take him out of his highchair and scrub him down in the kitchen sink. Since he is not tall enough (yet) to reach the kitchen sink, I balanced him on my knee and on the edge of the counter (which we usually do) and started washing his hands and arms. Within seconds, the poor kid let out in a very strained tone of pain "tummmmmmyyyyyy siiiicccckkkk!!!" I had realized he was balancing himself with his tummy on the edge of the counter. Oops. I felt terrible, I let him down and we finished our washing in the bathroom sink.

These are just a couple of the many mommy moments I enjoy each day. I just thought these ones were kind of funny, so I thought I'd share.

No comments: