Friday, September 01, 2006

Through a child's eyes...

We recently took an adventure to the Great Minnesota Get Together. It was fantastic! I was so motivated by watching everything through my child's eyes. It was so amazing to see him so fascinated by so much. He immediately spotted the big slide and knew that he just had to go on it. so of course, we paid our $2 and took the fun ride down. He ate an entire piece of pizza the size of Texas which amazed both hubby and I. He took his first adventurous ride on the carousel, a "choo-choo" train and the bumper boats. I had a hard time with the bumper boats...emotionally. Every time I see him do something by himself I choke up. Sometimes I think it's really hard to watch him grow up, but I absolutely love it. He amazes me each and every day, I just wish that sometimes time would slow down.

Our little adventurous one also had a blast...at least I think so. He did not sleep at all until we were about ready to leave and I carried him as he fell asleep in my arms. He also had an adventurous ride when Daddy carried him in the "front carrier thing", and he wore a hat. Too cute??? Yeah, I think so. Even watching everything through his eyes was amazing. He hardly blinked.

We left late, about 10:45pm and we were all exhausted. The car ride home was relatively quiet, big kiddo was having a hard time snacking on his cheerios and kix - they were "stuck" in the ziploc baggy. What's a kid to do? Tantrum. Poor Daddy dealt with him very well knowing he was tired and past his limit. I got to drive, I love to drive. It's my escape from the kids, even through they're right behind me safely in their car seats. Driving...my rescued sanity...but that's a whole other blog.

More to come....be prepared.

No comments: