Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Life

Happy belated Memorial Day! We had a very nice weekend. We spent 2 nights and 3 days at the cabin, and it was very enjoyable. The kids had a great time, Mason caught his first bass - which was pretty big, we had a bonfire, survived the severe thunderstorms that came our way, had a boat ride, spent time with family and all in all had a nice time. On our way home, we even stopped at a off leash dog park and let Maverick run for a while - oh my how he loved that!

We were welcomed home with talking to the neighbors, who also all survived the long weekend and had nice times. When we got into the house and settled back into reality, we learned that a fellow classmate of Brian's passed away on Friday night. He was 28 years old. I remember him from high school and how he was such a nice and genuine guy. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. My thoughts and prayers also go out to everyone affected by the horrible storms that passed through this beautiful state.

On our way home from the cabin, we ironically were starting that dreaded conversation...about what will happen when/if one of us passes away. We didn't get very far into the conversation, but we know it's something that needs to be discussed. As hard as it is. Life goes by way too fast, and you never know what each day will bring. It seems everybody stresses so much, and races the clock to get 'things' done...when not enough people stop to actually smell the roses and enjoy the moment that we're in now. I know I'm one of those people, but I'm starting to re-teach myself that I have to take every day as it's handed to me and be thankful for everything that I have.

Speaking of...poor Mason this morning woke up sick. He came upstairs seeming ok, but got up at 9:35am (which is a little late for him). He wanted a yogurt, so I got one for him and we did our 'yogurt routine' of me feeding it to him on the couch (it makes it more fun for him and he actually eats it). All of a sudden, he let out a huge burp and threw up a little. He's been kind of stuffy in the mornings, so I thought - oh maybe he's just got some gunk in his throat and it made him gag. Well, he didn't want anymore yogurt - who could blame him. So I cleaned him up and he just sat on the couch and seemed to be pretty lethargic. An hour passed, and he said he was hungry and wanted kix. So, the funny little guy ate 3 baggies of kix (another fun way to get him to eat). He seemed to feel better...I know he's been hungry, he didn't eat dinner last night and we refuse to give him junk food all the time - so he didn't really eat much last night, so he was hungry. Then it was nap time and he seemed pretty tired, so I got him to sleep and I'm only hoping he'll wake up feeling and looking better! Poor little guy. I am really hoping it's just him and nobody else ends up getting anything...that would so not be good. Especially right now! Being 8 months pregnant and getting sick...wouldn't that almost guarantee an earlier delivery?! Oh well, what do you do. Like I said before, you gotta take life as it's handed to you, and I guess right now, I'm being handed some challenges.

We have a fairly busy day tomorrow...well at least I do. Brian is actually staying home for the day - bless his heart! I have a dentist appointment in the morning and my next OB appointment which is at 12noon. Then we have Evan's conferences at 5:45pm. I'm curious to see what my doc will say this time. I hope my blood pressure's ok...although I'm sure it's higher than normal again. I also am hoping he can maybe tell if the baby is head down - I've been feeling hiccups and sometimes they feel like they're in my ribs...not really where I want his head to be! I know there's still plenty of time, but it's getting closer and closer to the end and there's just things I hope for!

I should probably go, this is a huge post. I guess I had a lot to talk about!

No comments: