Monday, May 12, 2008

A little better...maybe?

So I'm feeling a bit better today, especially after writing about how I feel the other day. I'm still in a funk, but I'm hoping it'll get better. It seems every little thing just keeps bringing me down lately. I had my doctor's appointment today and my blood pressure was up. I am normally borderline low, so when it's slightly elevated they always express great concern. The doc wanted to see me in 3 weeks, but now he wants to see me in 2. Which is fine, it's just hard to get help with the boys, because I cannot handle them alone in the doctor's office right now. I could if I had to, but if I can get help I'm going to. I'm sure my hubby will be able to help me out, like he always does :) Poor guy, still suffering so much from this ridiculous headache. I was talking with a very close friend yesterday, and she asked if we've ever thought about trying to go to Mayo Clinic. So I spent some time on the computer last night looking at their website, and requesting an appointment online. They called my hubby this morning and said for neurological stuff he needs a referral. So he called our clinic and we're still waiting for a return call. So now the frustrating part...waiting and more waiting. I honestly don't think our Doctor's understand quite what he has gone through. He is almost out of the pain meds right now that 'somewhat' take the edge off and there's no refill. There are no appointments set up. Trying to call these places and getting him in is almost a joke. It feels like we're pulling teeth to get help and we shouldn't have to. Maybe we'll have to call this natural healing lady who does weird things with oils and stuff. Maybe I'll try to work on that one tomorrow. What else can we do? I am completely burnt out, I know Brian's burnt out...which obviously doesn't help anything. We better start making a lot of lemonade soon...because we've got plenty of lemons!

Also, we completely forgot that tonight was the 'waiting list' registration for soccer for Evan for the summer. Duh. We were on our way to my parents house to help with some landscaping stuff, and it hit me, 'oh crap, we gotta sign Evan up within the next 15 minutes'. So we hauled butt back to Cottage Grove and couldn't find the building where we were supposed to register him. So after giving up, we came up and looked it up online. We ended up calling the secretary and she said that we can go to her house tomorrow night and register him then...I am so thankful for that. We know it's something that Evan will absolutely love and we are trying so hard to get him into everything we can for his socialization. He is so shy and we would love for him to just go out and have fun. So we're trying. Let's hope that we remember to go to this lady's house tomorrow and get him signed up finally. He is also in t-ball this summer - but only for the month of June. It's called wee-tee's and every Saturday in June, the kids learn about the game of t-ball. They have a different station they learn about every weekend. We are super excited for that. Uncle Scott and Auntie Betsy got Mason a t-ball set for Christmas and the boys absolutely love it, it's one of their favorite outside toys right now. It's so cute to watch them smack the balls and run after the balls...too fun. Aahhh, to be a kid again.

Well, hopefully my 'funk' will heal, and hopefully Brian's headache will heal. I don't know about my 'funk' though, I'm really struggling lately. On my way home today from the doctor's office I bawled almost the entire way home. Why? I don't know. I think everything is just becoming too much. Oh well...I just have to take life as it's handed to me one day at a time.

No comments: