Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

13 years ago today marks the day that Brian 'asked me out'. I was just 15, he was 16. I remember that moment like it was yesterday, I felt so nervous and shocked that someone like him would be asking me out! The song 'I can love you like that' was playing on K102. He was wearing black jeans, a t-shirt with a cow on it and a black and white flannel, he also had his black Duke hat. I was in blue jeans a blue t-shirt and a jean vest (I know...I was stylin'). We were sitting on my cousin's couch, he was sitting back and I was leaning forward. He was on my left side. At 11:06pm, he made his big move, 'will you go out with me?'. My heart stopped. At 11:07pm, I answered, 'yeeeaaahh'. The rest is history =).

It puts a smile on my face looking back and seeing all we've done and accomplished. We survived being high school sweethearts and all the high school drama that goes with that. We survived his 4 years of college life and my 1 year of tech school life. We survived me working at a company in St. Paul while he was still in college. We survived the long and crazy farming hours. We survived our wedding plans that took 2 1/2 years. We survived our wedding! We survived home ownership. We survived going through rough pregnancies. We survived deciding for me to be a stay at home mom. We survived the decision for him to own his own insurance agency. We survived, and are still surviving, parenthood. We've survived every sacrifice we've made. We've survived the past 13 years of our life together, with all that we've been through and all that we have, it couldn't be any better.

He is my rock. He is who comes home every day from work and greets us all with a hug and kiss. He is who says 'I love you' countless times during each and every day. He is who spoils me rotten by letting me sleep in on weekends when I can and makes me breakfast. He is who the perfect father is. He is who is so helpful and does everything in his power to make sure I'm happy. He is who I can look at every day and know that he loves me, and I love him. He is who is my 100% supporter in everything I do. He is who is strong, compassionate and caring. He is who takes care of his family. He is who has made me the person I am today. He is handsome. He is loving. He is loved. He is supportive. He is strong. He is amazing. He is my husband. I couldn't be more proud of him.

13 years ago today, marks the beginning of our life together. Our story has been interesting, fun, comical, crazy...and our story continues.




1 comment:

skuubeedoo said...

Okay Holly - you seriously made me choke up when I read this. How sweet! Congratulations to you both on 13 years!