Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Evan!!!

Woohoo! Today is Evan's 5th birthday. Time sure does fly...but you all know that. I'm excited for him, I'm excited for us, but I think it's hard for a Mom to watch her first born grow up. I remember when we found out we were pregnant for the first time and how excited and nervous we were...no more doctors telling me I may not be able to have kids! Ha, we showed them ;). 5 years ago today was a crazy, hectic, scary and exciting day. Evan was the first grandchild on both sides of our family. Our families were in the waiting room waiting for the news of if the baby was a boy or girl. When he was born, Brian and I had our first moments with him. It was wonderful and overwhelming. He went down to the waiting room and told the family that we have a boy, and I could hear the screams of excitement down the hall while I was laying in bed holding my new son. It was incredible.

Now it's 5 years later, and he's just been a joy. We're still new parents with him, growing and learning with him every day, and its been fun. Here's a fun Evan story from a couple days ago.

Brian was outside cleaning the shed and Evan was helping. Evan thought it was a good time to ask about God. Brian explained the best he could to a 5 year old, saying that God can see us everywhere and is with us all the time. Evan couldn't quite grasp the fact that God can see us everywhere...so he went into the shed and said, 'God can't see me in here!'.


2 comments:

skuubeedoo said...

Happy Birthday Evan!!! Logan remembered that today was your birthday and was so excited - he thought we were going to party today....He can't wait to see you this weekend!

BizEMommaK said...

Hope you had a GREAT 5th Birthday Evan! We miss you:)