Friday, November 17, 2006

11 Years

For the past 11 years, I have spent my life with my soulmate. 11 years ago today marks the anniversary of us becoming an official couple. I remember those first feelings of being together like they were yesterday. The excitement, the butterflies, the anxiety of living every day with anticipation of what's going to happen next. 11 years later, here we are. Happily married in a wonderful home with 2 beautiful and healthy children.

I was just 15 when we met. He was 16. It's so fun to look back and remember those times. I remember the first time we "met", the first time we held hands, the first time we kissed. I remember when he asked me "out". I remember falling crazy in love. I remember when he would be "on his way" to pick me up, I would sit at my window in my bedroom and watch for his car to turn down our street and pull into our driveway. I remember watching him walk up to our front door and I would greet him, always with a smile and he would shine a smile in return. I remember going on dates, hanging out at my parents house, him leaving at 12:47am every night to make 1am curfew. I remember being in school together, he would always walk me to class and meet me in the halls afterwards. I remember his graduation and how sad I was when he was going to be gone and starting college. I remember my graduation and how excited I was to have more freedom to see him. I remember the night he asked me to marry him. I remember all the times we spent together in his dorm and his apartment at college. I remember his college graduation and how proud I was of him, and how I still am proud of him. I remember our wedding day. I remember when we moved into our house in Cottage Grove. I remember the day we had Evan and the day we had Mason. I remember this morning when there was a ring at my door, and it was 4 dozen roses. He remembers too.

I love him. I love being with him. I love knowing that he's my husband and the father to our children. I love knowing that we can spend each and every day together in the comfort of each other's company. I love knowing that I get to sleep next to him every night. I love the excitement, the butterflies and the anxiety of living every day in anticipation of what's going to happen next. He is my soulmate, my best friend and my husband.

I want to send a special thank you to my cousin for setting us up when I was 15. She's the one responsible for making me the happy person I am today. Thank you!!! :)

No comments: