Monday, June 02, 2008

Nesting?!

Typically every morning, I have so much energy, especially lately. Which I find very odd considering I don't sleep well at all and I have this huge bowling ball in my stomach! It seems though, that mornings are my time to get things done...which is great. There's still so much to do before baby comes, I wish my energy could last all day so I could actually get some of the things done.

I ran to Target this morning with the hoodlums and they were so good. Then I bravely took them to Applebee's where they also did well, except we waited about 15 minutes for the waitress to run our card and we were all getting a bit impatient! It's not like I was in a big hurry, but when you have a rowdy 2 year old and 4 1/2 year old that wants to go, it tests my patience!

We had a very busy and fun weekend, and as lame as I am, I'm kind of glad it's Monday to get back into the swing of routine.

On the baby front - I'm hoping that he will 'drop' soon! He is still high. My next check up is Wednesday and the Doc will be checking me...ick. I've also tested group B strep positive, which totally sucks. I was tested twice when I was in labor and delivery being monitored for other issues, which was around 25 and 28 weeks. I wonder if he'll test again...I'm kind of worried about it. I never had it with either of the boys, and I've been reading stuff about if it's found in urine, you need to take an antibiotic during the last few weeks of pregnancy (which at one point, they did find it in my urine). If the baby gets it it can be fatal...and blah blah blah. It freaks me out. I really should just not worry, huh?! I know it's very common and many women have had it, but this pregnancy has had it's weird quirks and that's definitely not another extra thing I want to have to deal with.

This weekend should be fun - Brian is 'surprising' me on Friday with an overnight! I have no idea what's going on or what we're doing, but apparently we have to be somewhere on Friday at 3pm and then we'll be spending the night somewhere. I'm confused and nervous, but also very excited to get a night away! Then Evan starts t-ball on Saturday morning!!! I'm super excited for that, he'll have a blast. Then we have another grad party and a birthday party Saturday evening, and something going on Sunday too...but of course I cannot remember.

All this June stuff is crazy...our anniversary is also coming up on the 15th, which unfortunately is Father's Day...didn't quite put that one together when we were planning the wedding! But that day will be all about Daddy, he deserves it after all he's been through! The same weekend is Strawberry Fest here in ye ole' Cottage Grove - which we're excited about. The parade is so much fun and Cottage Grove does a really great job with everything. The kids will be so excited for the parade, I can't wait to see their faces again this year light up with all the excitement. Then the baby's arrival...who know's when that'll be!!! Hopefully sooner than later...but give me enough time to get things done :)

Ok, that's enough mumble jumble...until next time...

No comments: